Pages

Saturday 3 September 2016

600! That's a lot!

          600 Hundred loom bands
On Saturday morning my sister made up a challenge called the 600 bands of loom bands. It was a bit too much to fit in my hands, but I didn't wan't to give up the challenge because I wanted to prove her wrong!

First my sister got a packet that contains 600 loom bands and she divide them out among two of us. The rule was that we had to use all of the bands by making a fish tail. As time went by my hands started to turn purple because of the loss of in my blood circulation. This made my fingers turn cold. As I kept on adding more and more layers of the bands on. Soon my hands got tired of all the work so I had to stop and eat something for a few seconds. 

After that I carried on working for 20 more minutes until I realised that I only had 40 more to go. I got super excited that I couldn't wait to finish it off. Before I knew it, it was afternoon and my fish tail grew longer and longer. It was amazing. 

Finally I had made the longest fish tail. I was very proud of myself and I felt that it could been a world record. 

                       Learning intention: We are learning to follow the structure of a recount. 
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write the orientation, followed by the events and then                                                the conclusion of my 600 hundred loom band challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.